To help ensure the enjoyment and the safety of all our visitors—and to maintain the health and beauty of our plants—we have established a few guidelines for all visitors to the Rutgers Gardens and Helyar Woods:
- No ball playing, sledding, kite flying, or drone flying .
- No sunbathing; shirts are required at all times.
- Do not pick, cut, or remove flowers, plants, plant parts, or wildlife of ANY kind from the garden.
- No climbing or damaging trees.
- No hanging clothing or other items on trees and shrubs.
- Do not step, walk, or play in the garden beds or water features.
- No barbecues or open fires, etc.
- No feeding wildlife.
- Dogs and other pets must be kept leashed at all times.
- No soliciting or passing out information without prior approval.
- No posed photography, unless scheduled through Rutgers Gardens.
- No loud music or other disturbing activities.
- No littering; please also clean up after your pet.
- No parking on grass or in any non-designated parking areas.
- No hunting or disturbing wildlife.
Any ceremonies, celebrations or photo sessions must be scheduled in advance with Rutgers Gardens.
Please help keep the Garden clean and beautiful. Place trash in trash receptacles and bottles and cans in recycling containers or take away all trash.
We look forward to seeing you at Rutgers Gardens. Enjoy your visit!
View garden and trail maps.
Rutgers Gardens and Helyar Woods are part of Rutgers University properties. All of our policies are for the safety of staff and visitors, to preserve the grounds for all to enjoy, and in the interest of upholding the policies of Rutgers University. Visitors are expected to follow all rules and regulations. Parking in unauthorized areas, removing plants or wildlife from the gardens, destructive or lewd behavior, use of prohibited substances, and other inappropriate conduct can result in police intervention and fines. Please do your part to help us remain open and keep Rutgers Gardens a beautiful, safe, and pleasant place for everyone to enjoy.