To help ensure the enjoyment and the safety of all our visitors—and to maintain the health and beauty of our plants—we have established a few guidelines for all visitors to the Rutgers Gardens and Helyar Woods:
- No ball playing, sledding, kite flying, or drone flying .
- No sunbathing; shirts are required at all times.
- Do not pick, cut, or remove any flowers, plants, or plant parts.
- No climbing or damaging trees.
- No hanging clothing or other items on trees and shrubs.
- Do not step, walk, or play in the garden beds or water features.
- No barbecues or open fires, etc.
- No feeding wildlife.
- Dogs and other pets must be kept leashed at all times.
- No soliciting or passing out information without prior approved.
- No posed photography, unless scheduled through Rutgers Gardens.
- No loud music or other disturbing activities.
- No littering; please also clean up after your pet.
- No parking on grass or in any non-designated parking areas.
- No hunting or disturbing wildlife.
Any ceremonies, celebrations or photo sessions must be scheduled in advance with Rutgers Gardens.
Visiting groups are asked to pre-register, choosing either:
Please help keep the Garden clean and beautiful. Place trash in trash receptacles and bottles and cans in recycling containers or take away all trash.
We look forward to seeing you at Rutgers Gardens. Enjoy your visit!
View garden and trail maps.