Address: 130 Log Cabin Road, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
May 7th through November 19th
Every Friday, 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
The following safety measures will be in place at Cook’s Market until further notice:
- Signage directs shoppers and vendors to maintain 6 ft social distancing.
- Hand-washing stations are located near the front of the market and portable restroom. Customers are encouraged to use them upon arrival and prior to departure.
- Customers are encouraged to wear face coverings.
- Separate entrance and exit to the market with one-way traffic flow.
- Some vendors provide the option to pre-order. Please sign up for our weekly email newsletter for the most current information.
The following market policies apply to all customers:
- If you are feeling ill or if you have had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days, please stay home.
- Maintain 6 ft social distancing.
- Consider pre-ordering from your favorite vendors.
- Stay updated regarding all CDC recommended guidelines.
Thank you for your understanding, cooperation, and continued support!
Cook’s Market and the Student Farm at Rutgers Gardens are operating under and are fully compliant with Governor Murphy’s Executive Orders, CDC biosafety guidelines, and federal, state and university regulations and guidelines to support agriculture and food sustainability during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The farmers market at Rutgers Gardens began as a student-led project with nine vendors. More than a decade later, the market moved into its new home, Cook’s Market. We are grateful to all of the donors who supported the permanent structure, which provides protected space for vendors and customers to shop.
Today the market features more than 20 vendors. The list of our current vendors can be found below, but may change as new vendors join our market or seasonal availability changes. For the most up-to-date weekly list of vendors, join our Facebook Group – Cook’s Market, or sign up for our email newsletter to see which vendors will be here and what they will have available each week.
Antonio’s Pasta & Ravioli (every other week)
Farmer Over Yonder (every other week)
Grandma Emma’s (every other week)
The purpose of Cook’s Market at Rutgers Gardens is to provide a well-managed and organized marketplace for both the local farmer/producer and patron. Our aim is to encourage the development of local agricultural and specialty products, as well as promote local economic development and community building through educational and family-friendly activities.
For information on how to become a vendor, please contact Alex Sawatzky
Cook’s Market Green Roof
The green roof on top of Cook’s M