Address: 130 Log Cabin Road; New Brunswick
Winter Market Hours
December 2020 through April 2021 (except Christmas and New Year’s Day)
Fridays, 11:00 am–1:00 pm
The following safety measures will be in place at Cook’s Market until further notice:
- Signage directs shoppers and vendors to maintain 6 ft social distancing.
- Hand-washing stations are located near the front of the market and portable restroom. Customers are encouraged to use them upon arrival and prior to departure.
- Customers are not allowed to handle products prior to purchase.
- Vendors must wear face coverings and single-use, food-safe gloves in addition to washing/sanitizing hands and surfaces frequently.
- Separate entrance and exit to the market with one-way traffic flow.
- Some of our vendors will not be selling at the market, but will be here to deliver pre-orders only. Other vendors will provide the option to pre-order. Please sign up for our weekly email newsletter for the most current information.
The following market policies must be observed by all shoppers:
- If you are feeling ill, please do not shop today.
- Send only one shopper from your household.
- Maintain 6 ft social distancing.
- Wash your hands upon arrival and prior to departure.
- Wear a face covering to protect yourself and others. You will not be permitted to shop at the market without one.
- Be efficient as possible with your shopping.
- Consider pre-ordering from your favorite vendors.
- Stay updated regarding all CDC recommended guidelines.
Thank you for your understanding, cooperation, and continued support!
Please sign up for our weekly email newsletter for the most current vendor information.
Cook’s Market and the Student Farm at Rutgers Gardens are operating under and are fully compliant with Governor Murphy’s Executive Order 107, CDC biosafety guidelines, and federal, state and university regulations and guidelines to support agriculture and food sustainability during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Now available for order online—purchase Rutgers Gardens apparel, gifts, weekly pre-order plant specials, and more at the Rutgers Gardens Swag Shop!
The farmers market at Rutgers Gardens began as a student-led project with nine vendors. Ten years later, the market moved into its new home, Cook’s Market. We are grateful to all of the donors who supported the permanent structure, which provides protected space for vendors and customers to shop. Today the market features more than 20 vendors, including the Student Farm at Rutgers Gardens, which demonstrates land stewardship by practicing sustainable growing practices and providing our communities with quality, nutritious food.
The list of our current vendors is updated regularly, and may change as new vendors join our market or seasonal availability changes. For the most up-to-date weekly list of vendors, watch our Facebook page or sign up for our email newsletter to see which vendors will be here, what special promotions they’re offering, and who will be our spotlight vendor each week!
The purpose of Cook’s Market at Rutgers Gardens is to provide a well-managed and organized marketplace for both the local farmer/producer and patron. Our aim is to encourage the development of local agricultural and specialty products, as well as promote local economic development and community building through educational and family-friendly activities.
For information on how to become a vendor, please contact Alex Sawatzky
Cook’s Market Green Roof
The green roof on top of Cook’s M