Please read all of the following… it is important that you come prepared and know what to expect at your pickup!
Rutgers Gardens, part of Rutgers University, offers a place for all communities to enjoy, share, and learn about gardening, growing food sustainably, and wild nature in New Jersey.
Our annual plant sale provides an opportunity to purchase favorite varieties of plants including trees, shrubs, perennials, vegetables, annuals, and herbs, but was moved online this year due to COVID-19 regulations and safety rules. The income from our events supports our educational internship program and the maintenance and growth of Rutgers Gardens for the enjoyment of all visitors.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic Rutgers Gardens is currently closed to visitors, and will stay closed during the Online Plant Shop pickup to ensure proper social distancing measures during all pickup days to ensure the safety of our customers and staff.
When coming to pick up your order:
- Please have your ORDER NUMBER ready when you approach the garden’s gate at 112 Log Cabin Road, North Brunswick, NJ. If asked for ID, show your driver’s license.
- Arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your pickup time. (If you are early, feel free to park and wait in the Cook’s Market parking lot.)
- Masks and gloves are required during all pickup times (outside your car).
- Garden staff at the gate will direct you to your pickup location. (See the provided map.)
- (Please note there is a chance your pickup station may have changed.)
- Follow signage to your pickup location; traffic is one way around the loop within the Gardens.
- No parking/walking around the gardens is allowed; please exit after completing pickup.
- No public restrooms are available.
- Social distancing of 6 feet is required. There will be NO closer contact with any Rutgers Gardens staff during your pickup.
- You will be responsible for loading your purchases in your car to avoid any potential spread of disease—this is for your safety, as well as the staff.
- Gardens staff is not permitted to assist; bring help to load your plants if needed
- Pickups will take place rain or shine.
- Please note that we do not accept returns on plant purchases.
- Late arrivals may have to be rescheduled; please discuss options with the gate attendant.
Thank you very much for you continued support during these very challenging times!
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us by email at RGshop@sebs.rutgers.edu.