Updated March 20, 2020
Your health and well-being are of the highest importance to Rutgers University and Rutgers Gardens. We are taking various precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in the community and to keep staff, visitors, and farm market vendors as safe and healthy as possible.
Per federal and state guidelines, Rutgers University has mandated cancellation of all university events and classes until May 31 to promote social distancing and reduce community spread. You can review the latest information about Rutgers’ response to the COVID-19 virus by going to this website.
Changes in Policy and Access Until Further Notice
- Outdoor areas of Rutgers Gardens will remain OPEN. We invite you to visit and enjoy the progression of spring colors or take a walk in Helyar Woods.
- Cook’s Market will remain open for now every Friday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- The Gardens Office and Holly House are closed to all visitors. If you need to reach Gardens staff, please email or call them or the Gardens office instead.
- No groups larger than 10 individuals are allowed in the Gardens, and individuals must practice social distancing and keep at least six feet apart.
- Staff and visitors are asked to follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations on how to keep yourself and others safe.
- Restrooms in the Gardens will remain closed until further notice.
- The Rutgers Day plant sale and the Spring Flower Fair have been cancelled. We are working to find alternative ways for you to purchase plants we’ve grown here for your garden this year. Please check online for updates and sign up for our mailing list.
- All classes, events, and other gatherings are cancelled, at least through the end of May. We will provide updates in the coming weeks.
- All meetings have been cancelled.
- For volunteer activities, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator.
Please continue to monitor the Rutgers Gardens website and social media (@RutgersGardens) for any changes in access, events, or programs. Contact the Main Office for further guidance: 732-932-8451 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for helping us to keep the Rutgers Gardens safe and beautiful for all to enjoy. We hope you will continue to visit Rutgers Gardens throughout the coming year to enjoy our displays and future events.
If you wish to support Rutgers Gardens, please consider becoming a member.
Director, Rutgers Gardens